I eventually found airsoft and it was perfect for me, and I hadn't even played my first game yet. The guns, the gear, everything was perfect for me. But that first game, man, I was hooked forever. It's been a few years now and I have no regrets. Just like when I was a kid with my brothers and we had the bb gun battles. Safety was unheard of then, and I'm really surprised no one was seriously injured. But now, run around in the woods, have bb gun battles and do so safely. What more could one ask for.
So what else do I love about airsoft?
- The people. They are the greatest. Some of the most honorable and fun people I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Many are some of the funniest people I know. And they play for the love of the game, not to stroke their ego or act superior to someone else.
- Nature. Yep, if you take the time, you get to be outside, get some sun, or rain. Sometimes catch a little wildlife, and hopefully appreciate the up-close view of nature that we sometimes forget about.
- Exercise. Yep, I'm a fat guy, so exercise, good.
- Really sweet airsoft replicas. So badass they are nearly indistinguishable from real steel.
- Equality. On the field, and in the staging areas, everyone is equals. We are all brothers and sisters. Regardless of our backgrounds, jobs, race, education, socioeconomic level, religion or sexual orientation, we are equal. We are all there for the same reasons, primarily to have fun and hang out with others that love what we do.
- You can shoot people and not go to jail. This is one of my personal favorites.
- Did I mention the people? They're great. They are some of the most helpful and compassionate people I know.
![]() | |
| The Wisconsin Asshats - Operation Plague 2010. Voted best Zombie Killer Loadout. |

No comments:
Post a Comment