Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If It Ain't Broke...FOLLOWUP

A buddy of mine posed a question about this previous post, wondering if it was about him, since he asked me to do some work on a couple of fuckered up gear boxes.  This post did not apply to you. But it is based on a real event. Bear with me a little bit, and you'll see why.

A man bought a new airsoft gun, and hadn't put more than 100 rounds through it and decided he wanted some upgrades. It was taken to another gunsmith, who talked him into a bunch of upgrades, that in my opinion weren't needed. The parts never worked together and after a couple of months, the gun was returned to the man, disassembled, and looking like a mechanical puzzle. At this point, the gun was brought to me, with two different stories and a lot of extra parts and ripped wiring.

Easy, breezy, I thought. Man, was I wrong. Anything that could go wrong, did go wrong, Old Murphy was having a field day with the generous application of his law. I don't normally believe in curses or anything else this crazy, but I honestly believe this gun needed to be exorcised by a priest. Eventually, through a whole shitload of work that would have been unnecessary had he not wanted unneeded upgrades. The gun now works perfectly, but it was not without a lot of cussing and popping of Tylenol.

I refuse to work on that accursed piece ever. I don't care if I see it or it's owner again.
Not the gun in question, but this one was a pain in the ass due to no fault of it's owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment