Monday, August 15, 2011

Where Is Airsoft Going?

Airsoft is a game of honor and integrity, two values that are rapidly disappearing in real life interactions in this modern world. In the airsoft world, this has never really been an issue. Sure, there are always some that don't call their hits, blind fire and other such things. Occasionally they are unintentional incidents. But more and more often of late, they are deliberate acts by those I will classify as douchebags. There is another class of douchebag that I will address later on in this post and that is the Thieving Douchebag.

This past weekend there were some incidents at one of our favorite play fields. Each will be addressed.
  1. Not calling hits - Ok, this one was last weekend, but I've seen the video, know the shooter (and his accurate airsoft replica) and you took at least 100 rounds and never called it. This uber-douche needs to be banned from all fields and treated worse than a leper. Assholes like you take the enjoyment out of the game. You deserve to have a mudhole stomped into your ass. Go play COD with a bot...you know you do.
  2. Hot Guns - Most of our local fields have a fps limit of 400fps, excepting sniper class airsoft replicas. When you deliberately cheat the chrono and brag afterwards about having a 470 FPS gun, you're a menace and a safety threat. My solution is an automatic banning, and putting the word out by any means necessary that you're a fucking shitbag and deserve to be dragged by your testicles through the parking lot. For this I don't only blame players, but some retailers/manufacturers. They need to quit pandering to the dumb-asses who think fps is everything by selling guns that exceed safety limits and enter the realm of insurance liability. If you're not mature enough to play by established rules and safety precautions, keep your ass in mama's basement.
  3. Thieving Douchebags - It takes a lot of balls to walk into someone's tent, or behind the counter at your local airsoft establishment and steal someones gear or guns. Yeah, some douchenozzle went behind the counter at our local field, while checking out some KWA pistols that were for sale and left with one. Unfortunately it wasn't noticed until later. A friend has had his wedding ring stolen from his tent during a larger event. And these are just two of the numerous incidents I'm aware of. Personally I'm pretty paranoid about the security of my airsoft stuff. The shit isn't cheap and I'm not independently wealthy. But those of you that are thieving little bastards are the worst. You deserve to be monkey stomped. Repeatedly. Playing airsoft is fun. Replacing one's equipment, not so much. 
  4. Neighborhood Shooters - I know you want to play, but if you live in a residential, area and you're shooting up the neighborhood you deserve to have your stuff confiscated and perhaps having your wannabe badass in jail for the weekend. I'm not talking about shooting a target safely in your backyard, I'm talking about the dicks that shoot up houses, cars, etc. in a neighborhood. These actions are the ones that most negatively impact public perception of our sport. Fucking cut it out. Airsoft is already under attack in other states by those that are ignorant about what we are and do. Don't give them ammunition to use against us you little fucktards.
These are all things that negatively effect peoples' enjoyment of the sport, and public perception of us individually and collectively. I personally avoid these people like the plague, but they seem to be popping up more and more often. It is only through vigilance by those of us who love our sport that we can improve things in the sport and present an honorable and safe activity. It is up to all of us to make sure that we don't look or act like paintballers (not all, but enough that many of us airsofters use to be 'ballers and left for the more honorable pursuit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment